October 5, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday #1: Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open

Hey everyone! 

So I finally gave in to the temptation of joining another weekly meme. This one sounds really fun and I think it will also help me keep my books and my sometimes too scattered thoughts about them more organized. Now, let's see if I am good at narrowing things down to ten. :))


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. They created this feature because they like lists and it is fun for us book lovers to share our top tens about everything bookish.

This week's topic...

Top Ten Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open (because of the cliffhanger or because it the ending was MIND-BLOWING, etc. Be careful with spoilers on this one!)
*Links send to Goodreads 

All the books in this series ended with killer cliffhangers. That they left me with my mouth hanging open is an understatement! For me, the worst one was Faefever - I was so shocked, I couldn't even scream or cry or anything. I mean, really? Who does that to their main character?! *thud*

This series is very special for me. And with that ending, Carolyn Crane broke my heart and then stomped on the left pieces. It was so frustrating, that I actually tossed the book across the room when I finished it and for hours I couldn't do anything or think about anything else - all I could do was pace around the house and mutter to myself. I know it sounds crazy, but I was so affected! :)) And where is the third book?!?!?! The wait is so freaking torturous!

Well, I guess most of you know how shocking was the end of this one. Talk about MIND BLOWING!

Yet another ending that left me staring wide-eyed and open-mouthed at the screen (I read the ebooks). I think I also teared up a bit. It was so heartbreaking and so unfair!

This has become one of my favorite YA series. I adore Cassel and Lila! Though the series is full of twists and turns, I never saw that end coming! I need the next book in the series STAT!

Wow! Now this was a heart wrenching book! Thankfully, I already had an ARC of The Iron Knight when I read it, otherwise I would have gone insane after that ending. What shocked me the most is that initially, there wasn't supposed to be a next book in the series - so what kind of ending of a trilogy was that?! Where was the happy ending?! 

Actually, I just finished this one last night and I still can't believe what happened right there at the end. It was so unexpected and unfair and heartbreaking and ... Well, you get the idea. *sniff*

This one was really maddening! After I finished it, all I could say was 'What the hell was she thinking?*head desk*" I'm dying to see what happens next!

I read this one recently and the ending was killer! Once again I'm asking - who does that to their main character?!

Well, this book was full of surprises. So of course the ending couldn't disappoint, right? Let's say unpredictable sums it up pretty well. 

I'm not adding it to the list, but a special mention goes to The Hollows (Rachel Morgan) by Kim Harrison. I don't remember exactly in which book of the series a certain beloved character died, but, that book was torture! So was the next one in the series! It's been years since I read it and I'm not sure I recovered. Oh, and there are a few books that I'm dying to read, but I'm a coward and I haven't read them yet because I know they end with major cliffhangers. I'll just wait for the next book in those series to come out. :))

So, what book endings left you with the mouth hanging open?:D 

xoxo
 Deea's Signature

2 comments:

  1. The Hunger Games was definitely one for the books - I stayed up three nights straight to finish the whole series because I couldn't help it.

    And Divergent was a book I loved as well. It's so good! And I can't wait for Insurgent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! I read only 1,3 and 4. But I agree with you, these three are "bad" enough

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...