October 26, 2011

Spotted: The Hollows Series by Kim Harrison to come on CW TV?!

Heya! 

Whoa, how did I miss this?! *hyperventilates*  

It's not official yet, but seems like the CW has bought the rights to Kim Harrison’s The Hollows series (and Cynthia Hand’s Unearthly series). Smallville’s Jordan Hawley has written the script for The Hollows, and serves as executive producer.
The Hollows (CW), based on the bestselling book series The Hollows by Kim Harrison:

Set in an urban fantasy world, Rachel Morgan, a PI witch, works with local law enforcement agencies to combat threats both mundane and supernatural.

 EP/W: Jordan Hawley
***More info at the sources: deadline.com & Heroes and Heartbreakers (Thanks Megan!) 


The Hollows is my second favorite series EVER (it's what introduced me to adult Urban Fantasy years ago so it will always be special to me) and I know that some of you ladies love it as well, so I wanted to hear your thoughts on this. What do you think about Rachel Morgan getting on the small screen?

When I first heard about it, I got super excited and I practically jumped up and down around the room. And THEN I realized what was happening and I got all nervous. OMG! We're talking Kim Harrison here! What if they mess with my beloved series? What if they do it all wrong? What if they add cheesy romance to it (because we know this series is more about the world, action, character development, world building, mystery, and stuff like that than romance). What if they miss the important stuff and add something unnecessary? What if they change things drastically (CW tends to do that quite a lot *caugh*The Vampire Diaries *caugh*). What if they pick the wrong actors (seriously, who could make any justice to Kisten? Or Trent?! *faints*) And then there's that tone, humour and story telling that's so unique and so Kim Harrison... Really hard to get it right. So, yeah... you get my point: I'm excited and worried at the same time. (Sorry, I tend to get all fangirly and over protective when it comes to my fav characters.LOL) 

Anyway, what do you guys think? ;)

P.S. Actually, I have the same feelings about the Fever series (Karen Marie Moning) being made into movies, but... Let's just not get there now. 

P.P.S. Speaking of The Hollows, did you get the Insider's guide today? I hear it glows in the dark and it has tons of awesome pictures and behind-the-scenes-like info! <3 

xoxo
 Deea

4 comments:

  1. Dude! That's freaking awesome!

    Hope they don't mess it up though. Don't want it coming out as a tween show or something. But still awesome news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jess My thoughts exactly! Though considering CW's other adult and paranormal TV Shows (see Supernatural), I think they will do a good job! Can't wait to see the cast! Hope the actors they pick are good AND handsome. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim is my all time favorite author and I love her books. I share your concerns about the CW screwing it all up. Hopefully they will listen to her input


    V^^^^V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim is my all time favorite author and I love her books. I share your concerns about the CW screwing it all up. Hopefully they will listen to her input


    V^^^^V

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...