October 31, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #36 - Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland

Hi!


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick today...



Vengeance Bound 
by Justina Ireland

Release date: April 2nd 2013
by Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers
Format: Hardcover, 320 pages

Goodreads:

The Goddess Test meets Dexter in an edgy, compelling debut about one teen’s quest for revenge… no matter how far it takes her.

Cory Graff is not alone in her head. Bound to a deal of desperation made when she was a child, Cory’s mind houses the Furies—the hawk and the serpent—lingering always, waiting for her to satisfy their bloodlust. After escaping the asylum where she was trapped for years, Cory knows how to keep the Furies quiet. By day, she lives a normal life, but by night, she tracks down targets the Furies send her way. And she brings down Justice upon them.

Cory’s perfected her system of survival, but when she meets a mysterious boy named Niko at her new school, she can’t figure out how she feels about him. For the first time, the Furies are quiet in her head around a guy. But does this mean that Cory’s finally found someone who she can trust, or are there greater factors at work? As Cory’s mind becomes a battlefield, with the Furies fighting for control, Cory will have to put everything on the line to hold on to what she’s worked so hard to build.


This one pretty much had me at the The Goddess Test meets Dexter tag line. I love mythology books and the Furies always seem to be scary, yet fascinating. Having them in your mind constantly can't be fun. I can't wait to find out how Cory deals with them and what's up with this mysterious boy!

So... What are you waiting on this week?:)

5 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I saw this one on Netgalley!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to read this book too!
    Happy Halloween!
    My WOW!
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it's right up my alley! Love mythology books. Great pick!

    My WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! I totally agree with you on that awesome combination. Dexter and Greek mythology? Uhh.. AWESOME! I can't wait to see what it's like!

    My WoW - Pulse

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the sound of this one and I would love to get my hands on it. Great pick! I hope you like the book when you read it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...