October 3, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (10/3)

Hi!




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.
*WoW button courtesy to Danny @  Bewitched Bookworms

My pick today:

The Nightmare Affair

by Mindee Arnett


Release Date: March 5th 2013 
by Tor Teen
Format: Hardcover, 352 pages

Goodreads:

16-year-old Dusty Everhart breaks into houses late at night, but not because she’s a criminal. No, she’s a Nightmare. Literally. Dusty is a magical being who feeds on human dreams.

Being the only Nightmare at Arkwell Academy, a boarding school for magickind, and living in the shadow of her mother’s infamy is hard enough. But when Dusty sneaks into Eli Booker’s house, things get a whole lot more complicated. He’s hot, which means sitting on his chest and invading his dreams couldn’t get much more embarrassing. But it does. Eli is dreaming of a murder. The setting is Arkwell.

And then it comes true.

Now the Dusty has to follow the clues—both within Eli’s dreams and out of them—to stop the killer before more people turn up dead. And before the killer learns what she’s up to and marks her as the next target.

Ok, I'll admit that this book pretty much had me at the title. And then the plot... Wow, it sounds so wicked, fun and deliciously creepy! And very original - I mean, how often do we meet a main character who is a Nightmare, of all things? (um, there might be Nightmare from LOTU, but other than that...). Add to that a boarding school for magickind (I'm a sucker for books with boarding schools and kids with special supernatural powers!), murder, mystery and hot boys? Yes, please! This book can't come out soon enough!



So, what are you waiting on this week?

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea! I saw the book around but haven't really considered it truly... But the idea of being a "nightmare"? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh that sounds interesting! Haven't heard of this one yet!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover for this one :). Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Great pick Deea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this one before so thanks so much for sharing it! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by! This one was my pick a few weeks back. I just love the sound of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A character who is nightmare? - I'm in. This sounds really awesome. I love the cover, too. Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my post :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...