October 10, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (10/10)

Hi!




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.
*WoW button courtesy to Danny @  Bewitched Bookworms

This week, I'm eagerly anticipating...

Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2)

by Marissa Meyer


Release date: February 5th 2013 
(2 days before my birthday, yay!) 
by Feiwel and Friends
Format: Hardcover, 464 pages

Goodreads:

Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.



I read Cinder last winter (well, I listened to the audiobook) and I loved it, so I can't wait to read the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series! I love Melissa Meyer's modern spin to fairy tales (plus all the awesome tech stuff) and I'm very excited that this is a Red Riding Hood retelling. I can't wait to meet Cinder again and to see how Scarlet and Wolf fit into the whole story!

What are you waiting on this week?

P.S. You can win this book in my Happily Ever After giveaway!

6 comments:

  1. Good choice! I hope to read the first one soon!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to read Cinder but Scarlet sounds really good :)
    new follower :)

    here's our WOW
    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to read Cinder, it sounds super awesome !! I love the covers for this series !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read Cinder as I know a lot of people who have rated it high. Have fun reading it!

    Here is my Waiting on Wednesday: http://readwritesleepeat.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh GREAT pick! I haven't even read Cinder yet (but I own it!) and I'm SO pumped to get into it that I'm excited for Scarlet as well haha!

    Thanks for sharing AND for stopping by my WoW New GFC & Networked Blogs follower!

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...