March 30, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (3/30)

Hiya!


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
*Thanks Bewitched Bookworms for the lovely button!

Is it just me, or all the debut novels coming out this year are fantabulous?:D And all the debut authors are uber cool and they do interact with the readers a lot - I love authors that are not 'too busy' to replay tweets or mails or blog comments.<3 So here are another debut novels I'm looking forward to reading - books that also can be chosen for the 2011 Debut Author Challenge hosted by The Story Siren. ;)

Wildefire by Karsten Knight
Pub.: July 26th 2011 by Simon & Schuster

Every flame begins with a spark.
Ashline Wilde is having a rough sophomore year. She’s struggling to find her place as the only Polynesian girl in school, her boyfriend just cheated on her, and now her runaway sister, Eve, has decided to barge back into her life. When Eve’s violent behavior escalates and she does the unthinkable, Ash transfers to a remote private school nestled in California’s redwoods, hoping to put the tragedy behind her. But her fresh start at Blackwood Academy doesn’t go as planned. Just as Ash is beginning to enjoy the perks of her new school—being captain of the tennis team, a steamy romance with a hot, local park ranger—Ash discovers that a group of gods and goddesses have mysteriously enrolled at Blackwood…and she’s one of them. To make matters worse, Eve has resurfaced to haunt Ash, and she’s got some strange abilities of her own. With a war between the gods looming over campus, Ash must master the new fire smoldering within before she clashes with her sister one more time… And when warm and cold fronts collide, there’s guaranteed to be a storm. (Blurb from Goodreads)
Woo hoo, another book with gods/goddesses/ mythology. I can't wait to read it!

***

Pub.: April 5th 2011 by HarperTeen

Every ghost has a story to tell

The last place Tansy Piper wants to be is stuck in Cedar Canyon, Texas, in the middle of nowhere, with a bunch of small-town kids. But when her mother decides to move to the desolate West Texas town, Tansy has no choice but to go along. Once there, Tansy is immediately drawn to the turret of their rickety old house, a place she soon learns has a disturbing history. But its the strange artifacts she finds in the cellar--a pocket watch, a journal of poetry, and a tiny crystal--that have the most chilling impact on her.

Tansy soon finds that through the lens of her camera, she can become part of a surreal black-and-white world where her life is intertwined with that of mysterious, troubled Henry, who lived in the same house and died decades earlier. It seems their lives are linked by fate and the artifacts she found, but as Tansy begins spending more and more time in the past, her present world starts to fade away. Tansy must untangle herself from Henry's dangerous reality-- before she loses touch with her own life forever. (Blurb from Jennifer Archer's website)
And here's the trailer:




The photographer in me is very excited about this one!:D

What books are  you eagerly anticipating this week?

xoxo
 

10 comments:

  1. I've heard awesome things about Through Her Eyes and I can't wait to read this one either !! Great picks !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh Through Her Eyes sounds pretty interesting! I love a good ghost story!

    Here's my WoW

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed...great year for debut authors/novels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh you have picked two awesome books this week both of which are going on my wishlist.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I am really looking forward to reading both of these books! And the covers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks!
    l added Wildefire to my wishlist =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Excellent choices and I totally agree~ Love the cover for THROUGH HER EYES. It's so creepily beautiful. Lovely picks!

    Asher K.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these look great! And the covers are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices! I am also waiting for through her eyes. It looks like a read I need to get my hands on.

    Right now I am waiting on Chronicles of Nick: Invincible. Not so much the book but the time to read it. In my mind I was telling myself to hurry up and finish the book I am currently reading. I had to yell at myself because the book that is being read deserves my attention as well.

    Please do stop by for a crumpet, find out about a new MeMe & to check out my newest giveaway :)

    Mad Scientist
    Steampunkery & Book Reviews
    Forbidden Steam  Adult- even the Mad Scientist gets naughty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thise look sooo interesting!

    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...