February 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (Feb. 16)

Hey!
Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Because I mentioned yesterday that I started reading Sabina Kane series and that the 3rd installment's coming out soon, I thought it would be nice to mention it in this week's WoW. I really like the series so far and I can't wait for the 3rd book to come out!
Here's the scoop: (Goodreads)

 Release Date: MARCH 1st 2011


The clock is ticking for Sabina Kane. She has to save her sister from her mysterious captors. And in order to do that, she has to broker a deal between the mages and the vampires before all hell breaks loose.

But as much as Sabina is focused on surviving the present, the past won’t be ignored. Before she can save those she cares about, she’s got to save herself from the ghosts of her past. Because the past is haunting her. Literally.

 

I'm at book one, but I have a feeling the series is getting better and better. :D
**FYI If you are already up to date with the series, Jaye has a fabulous contest on her blog. Check it out here! (Unfortunately for me, it's US only:( )

And another book I'm eagerly anticipating is a YA debut novel: Born at Midnight. I love the cover and sounds like e great read!
Here's the scoop: (Goodreads again)

 Release Date: MARCH 29th 2011


"Don’t miss this spectacular new series that will steal your heart and haunt your dreams, Welcome to Shadow Falls camp, nestled deep in the woods of a town called Fallen…"

One night Kylie Galen finds herself at the wrong party, with the wrong people, and it changes her life forever. Her mother ships her off to Shadow Falls—a camp for troubled teens, and within hours of arriving, it becomes painfully clear that her fellow campers aren’t just “troubled.” Here at Shadow Falls, vampires, werewolves, shapshifters, witches and fairies train side by side—learning to harness their powers, control their magic and live in the normal world.

Kylie’s never felt normal, but surely she doesn’t belong here with a bunch of paranormal freaks either. Or does she? They insist Kylie is one of them, and that she was brought here for a reason. As if life wasn’t complicated enough, enter Derek and Lucas. Derek’s a half-fae who’s determined to be her boyfriend, and Lucas is a smokin’ hot werewolf with whom Kylie shares a secret past. Both Derek and Lucas couldn’t be more different, but they both have a powerful hold on her heart.

Even though Kylie feels deeply uncertain about everything, one thing is becoming painfully clear—Shadow Falls is exactly where she belongs…

Vampires, werewolves, shapshifters, witches and fairies together? Wow, bring it on!:D


**FYI If you are from the US, you can win a copy of Born at Midnight here. I'll just wait patiently to get mine from The Book Depository. *sigh*

What book(s) are you eagerly anticipating?:D Are you planning to read these ones as well?
xoxo
 


 

10 comments:

  1. OH I am so waiting for both of those too. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I have the first book in the Hollow series so I got some catching up to do but the BDB 'sigh'.

    I agree so many books , really need to plant a money tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BLHmistress You're welcome! And you're right, we need a money tree.:)) Just catch up with the Hollows for now. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUDE! I can't wait for those either!! I read GED early, but I still want my copy to keep forever! And Born at Midnight is a book I am dying to read!!

    Old Follower
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jessica I know, right? They are some pretty awesome books! Thanks for stopping by!;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for being WoW twins :) PS. Your blog is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting...Born at Midnight looks awesome!! Excusie, while I go enter to win... BTW, I'm your newest follower...Yeah!!!

    :)Kristin
    Nocturnal Bites

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Samita hehe... thank you!

    @Kristin Sure, go enter! Good luck!:D And thanks for the follow (I already am a follower of your blog;))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for Born at Midnight either !! It seems awesome !! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am waiting for BORN AT MIDNIGHT aswell, sounds really good and will be part of my DAC 2011 challenge:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...