I'll try to keep this short and simple, because I want to get back to reading Angelfire - I hope I'll finish it tonight.
Firstly, here's my Top 5 Sundays for today:
*This is a feature hosted by Larissa (@ Larissa's Bookish Life): every Sunday she will post a TOP 5 list on her blog - it can be about anything, every week she will have a new theme... (Go here to get the dets and to join the fun).
Today's theme: Funniest Book Characters!
*in no particular order
**they're not necessarily my favorite characters or series, I just had a lot o fun reading (about) them:
Jenks from The Hollows Series (Kim Harrison)
*this contains a novella from Jenks's point of view
Merit from the Chicagoland Vampires series (Chloe Neill) - actually, all the characters and their bickers are very funny
Beast from Jane Yellowrock series (Faith Hunter) - well, she's not really a character, but her 'voice' is so hilarious
*this contains a novella about her history
Evie from Paranormalcy (Kiersten White)
Jaz Parks from Jaz Parks series (Jennifer Rardin)
*Here's a quote that works for me today:
'Why, oh why, was there never an alien abduction team around to whisk you off to Neptune during these horribly embarrassing moments?' LOLSecondly, here are some of my birthday presents - 2 amazing blog awards (my very first!) that I just received! And because I'm a new blogger and still not that good at it, this means A LOT! So thank you Amber (Awesomesauce Book Club) for the honor!!!*blows kisses*
I also have to follow some rules:
1. Thank the person you gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about you.
3. Pass the award to 15 other bloggers you recently discovered and like.
4. Contact the bloggers and let them know that they have won.
So... 7 things about me. Ouch!:))
1. I'm an idealist - I take daily trips to Fantasy Land where all is well and perfect
2. I'm an over-thinker.:)) I use to analyze and pay attention to all the details
3. I get bored easily
4. I don't like birthdays - well, not my birthdays anyway
5. I'm a little obsessed with cleaning and organizing
6. I love ALL my friends, but I rarely say it (I'm Aquarius, do you really expect me to express my feelings all the time?LOL)
7. I have a younger sister and she reminds me o Evie.
And here are some blogs I like - I'll pass the award to them:
Breathing Books, Fiktshun, Girl about Books, My Bookish Ways, Read Between the Lines..., Pg.59 Book Club, Book Love Blog, The Babbling Bookworm, Once Upon A Quote, A Book Lovers Review, Amaterasu Reads, Books to Brighten Your Mood, Cari's Book Blog, Deranged Book Lovers, Eleusinian Mysteries of Reading. Phew!
And now getting to the delicious part:
Again, big thanks to Amber @ AwesomeSauce Book Club for this fabulous award and for the perfect timing!:D
Now, in order to accept this award, I have to share 4 guilty pleasures and pass the award along to 6 other sweet blogs. Ah, look at that cake...*drools*
So, my guilty pleasures...
1. Makeup. Does that count?:)) I don't get out of the house without wearing any makeup. Even when I go to the store down the street I put on concealer and mascara (unfortunately, I always have dark circles around my eyes because of my weird sleep schedule*sigh*)
2. Coffee. My brain isn't working without it, but I also enjoy the taste and simply laying in bed in the morning, sipping my coffee, listening to some music and going trough my mails. :D
3. Do I really need to mention books? I've been pretty busy lately with real-life-stuff, but I can't get through the day if I don't read at least a few chapters of a book.
4. Blogging :D
5. Photography. When I don't have time to wander around the city and take photos or when the weather sucks, I organize my collection, look or new photography sites, download and edit photos, etc...
I'm going to share that irresistible cake with:
Aimee @Coffee table Press, Katie @ Katie's Book Blog, Kianara @ The Life of a Bookaholic, Kate @Reads, Reviews, Recommends, Lucy @ Moonlight Gleam's Bookshelf, Alison @ Alison Can Read and, of course, Amber.
And this is for my lovely followers - you rock! (this was supposed to be a short post, sorry)
I don't know what my friends have in store for me tomorrow, but tonight I'm off to celebrate my birthday with a bubble bath, some candles and a glass o wine. *bliss*