February 4, 2011

Follow Friday (2) and Book Blogger Hop (1)

Hey!

TGIF!!! It's been a crazy week! And I should be more excited about this weekend (with my birthday coming soon and everything), but I  just feel old and tired. And sick of this weather. Oh well...

We'd better get the book blogs party started and have some fun! :D



Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee @ Parajunkee's View and gives you the opportunity to get together and to make new book blogger friends. Also, there's a fun new feature every Friday. Hop by her blog to see the dets and join the fun!;)

This week's question: What is the book you are currently 'pushing'? (as in trying to get people to read it)
Well... I think I already drove everyone crazy with this one (just ask my roommates), but I highly recommend Kim Harrison's The Hollows series. It's a long series, (with the 9th book coming out in two weeks), but it gets better and better with every book and I love everything about it: the story, the characters (well, most of them), the action, the snarky dialog... Kim is such a fantastic writer! 

*** 
 
 Now I'm also taking part in the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Crazy For Books - head over to join in on the fun!  This week's question:

What are you reading now and why are you reading it?
I'm currently reading Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton. It seemed like a very interesting book and I read good things about it, so I added it to my wishlist (and to my 2011 DAC list). And when I received an E-ARC to review I dove right in!:D And I'm really enjoying it so far - I should read more angels books, I love them!:))

So what book are you 'pushing' and what are you reading now?:)

Have an excellent weekend!

xoxo
 

15 comments:

  1. Definitely love Kim Harrison's the Hallow series as well! This was a hard choice for a series to "push". I also read Angelfire as well and liked it pretty good!

    Here's my Hop and Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Unbroken. It's nonfiction and I was crazy about it.

    I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read The Hallow series yet. It sounds good though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new follower

    I am currently trying to get people to read Demons are a girls best friend.. come check out my blog

    Outhouse Reviews
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by and the follow. I am returning it :) I haven't read this series but will have to add it to my never ending, ever growing TBR list.

    Kat @ A Journey Into Reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good answer! The answer on my book blog is a little embarassing; it’s a book that’s been sitting on my TBR pile for a year.

    To my shame, I only opened the book because I remember it contained an Amazon gift card.

    All the sordid details on my book blog – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Hop on over!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Jessica Yeah - I love a lot o series, but The Hollows is my favorite so far. I'll post my reviews for Pale Demon (The Hollows #9) and Angelfire soon.

    @Deb Nance at Readerbuzz Some nonficition would be good for a change. I'll check it out, thanks for the recommendation! And or following me ;)

    @Lisa Well it IS good.:)) Check it out ASAP!

    @sch_94 Thanks for stopping by and for following me! I already am your follower.;)

    @Kimberly Thanks for the follow - right back at ya! I'll have to look for that book, sound like a fun read - who is the author?:P

    @Kat (A Journey Into Reading) Sure! And I know the feeling, I have a huge TBR list as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love The Hollow series, I've read the latest book from Netgalley and it was so good. I am actually going to see Kim Harrison at the end of Feb. I can't wait.


    I also can not wait to read Angelfire. It looks really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for hopping by my blog! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following!!!!

    I've heard great things about The Hollows series and they are on my TBB (To Be Bought) list!

    I haven't read Angelfire yet, and honestly, I didn't have a real desire to, but I'll look for your review. Maybe you will change my mind!

    Eli to the nth

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Awesomesauce Book Club - Ohhh, really? That's great! Would give her a hug for me? And maybe a book signed?:D:D:D

    @BookGirl My pleasure! Have a great weekend!

    @Eli Squared Great, you won't be disappointed if you buy The Hollows. And I'll post a review for Angelfire soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopping through. New follower! It's so cool that you're writing in English being from Romania. I can speak some Spanish but can't imagine writing a blog in Spanish. Way to go!
    I've been fascinated by Romania since I was a kid. I'd love to visit someday.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Alison Well, writing in English is quite a challenge for me (with all the thinking-in-one-language-and-writing-in-another-one stuff LOL) but it's fun and I'm trying to improve it as I go. And I have a major in Spanish - go figure! Thanks for hopping by and for the follow - let me know when you come to Romania, you'll love it!:D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, Deea! Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my Thank You post! Keep up your chin up! You have a lovely blog and I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Stephanie Thank you so much! I'll see you around!;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...