September 30, 2022

Book Review: Jade Fire Gold by June CL Tan

Hi everyone, I'm back with another highlight of the month of September! Like I mentioned in my previous post, I recently discovered Asian inspired books and I can't get enough! 

Check out my Instagram post for the best quotes and scenes! Hint: we have slow burn, one bed, badass characters. Win, win, win!

4.25 stars ⭐️

This book was so beautiful! The writing was gorgeous, lyrical and had that whimsical feel that we came to expect from stories inspired by Asian culture. I was transported in another world yet again! 

It was a bit slow, it took me a while to really get into it and finish it and I was lost for the most part of the beginning (I felt like I was thrown smack into the middle of the action, with no reference or history for the names and mythology used), BUT the writing was so beautiful, the characters so well constructed, the world so unique, that I didn't really mind in the end. 

I loved that both characters (dual POV and it took a while for their stories to overlap) were strong, resilient and battled their own demons, but they still managed to connect, inspire and work together. The way they tried to fight their feelings for each other was endearing and hilarious: 

"𝘐𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘐'𝘮 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘢𝘥.

𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴, 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘵. 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘢𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮. 𝘚𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘬, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴... 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘶𝘯𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘮𝘦. 𝘐𝘵 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘳 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘨𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦, 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦, 𝘢 𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘧𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘴 - 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘭 𝘨𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘹𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦. (𝘈𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘯)"❤️🤤

Despite that, I loved that the Romance was subtle and didn't take over the plot. I loved the adventures, the action and the growth.

And that ending... I had e feeling that it was going to happen, but it still shocked me. I need the sequel NOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...