September 22, 2022

Book Review: The Fine Print by Lauren Asher

 Hi everyone!

How's your reading goal going so far?

I keep switching between Romance and Fantasy and I read multiple books at the same time, but I'm doing pretty good on my set goal for the year. If only I could stick to my planned TBR :))

And speaking of plans, here's a book I got a whim from the bookstore and ended up reading it right away, in 3 days tops. The Fine Print has been all over Instagram this year for Romance recs, so I had to see what was all the fuss about. And I was not disappointed! 

The Fine Print by Lauren Asher

- Dreamland Billionaires Book 1 - 

Goodreads / Amazon

My rating: 4.5 stars

I see now why this series is so popular. It's the perfect recipe for a Billionaire Romance and it's quite addictive!
Reading it was not part of my September plan. I honestly didn't go into it with high expectations either. Billionaire Romance books rarely work for me (they hit too close to home to my younger, stupider years lol - spoiler: it doesn't end like that IRL), but sometimes you just need a modern fairytale with a fair amount of banter, unrealistically good characters, humor and spice to brighten up your day. And that's pretty much what this book was.

Despite my reservations, I inhaled it in a couple of sittings. I LOVED the dual POV (groveling is just different when you see the struggle and thought process behind it haha), the grumpy/sunshine vibe...and actually the entire vibe of the story! It was perfectly balanced, I loved the dreamy setting, the banter, the spice, the romancing, the not-over-the-top drama, the work and office theme, the competition... And obviously the hero. *sigh* His grumpiness was a fun treat and his love and possessiveness by the end were toe-curling delicious. Sometimes it was a fine line between him and total azhole, but I read for fun not to be picky lol.

Zahra is one of my most favorite heroines ever - actually, she is the kind of girl I like to read about. She is the sunshine to the billionaire grump, but she is also smart, witty, independent, creative and has this aura that pulls you in. In Rowan's famous words, "What is it about this woman, and why can't she fall in line like everyone else? It's like she shits sprinkles and consumes rainbows for sustenance". 

And while most Billionaire / workspace Romance books have the same theme and feel, I loved the idea of a Disney-type of world, the cast of secondary characters, the background stories, the creativity and inspiration.

So totally recommended!

Memorable Quotes:

✒️-𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘥*𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘶𝘥𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥.
- 𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢 𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘰𝘳𝘺?
- 𝘐 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘪𝘧𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦, 𝘴𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸.

***

- 𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵?
- 𝘉𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘺.

***
𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘣𝘪𝘨 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘶𝘴.(𝘡𝘢𝘩𝘳𝘢)

***
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘮 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘯𝘰 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘥𝘰𝘵𝘦.( 𝘙𝘰𝘸𝘢𝘯)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...