September 5, 2022

August Reads Recap

 Hi lovely book friends! 

Looks like denial is not working anymore, fall is here. I tried to hold on to the end-of-summer vibe as much as I could, but after a couple of days with cold, rain and fall releases everywhere, I needed to get on with the program. 

On the bright side, fall means end of the summer wedding season, more time to read books and perfect setting for those Fantasy books I love so much! 

Before we get on the September reading list, let's take a look at the books I read in August. I just read whatever I got in the mood for, without caring about genre, release date, TBR pile, ARCs list etc. It was fun and will try this approach more often! (not in September though lol I have a lot of backlist books to get through and so many new releases.  


- Book Lovers by Emily Henry - favorite!

- Just my Type by Falon Ballard (ARC, releases on my birthday in February next year) - favorite!

*these 2 books spoke to me like no others, I related to the heroines so much its like the books were written for (about me) 

- Azagoth (Demonica Underworld #1) - Larissa Ione (audiobook re-read) - just because I missed this world and a good old Paranormal Romance

- The Reluctant Bride and The Ruthless Groom by Monica Murphy - Dark Romance, despite the lower rating and my issues with each story, they were enjoyable and memorable, I read them in one sitting

- Shipped by Angie Hockman - a nice, easy summer read, but the characters and romance not spectacular

- Things we never got over by Lucy Score - an old school grumpy sunshine Romance, adored it!

- City of Thorns (The Demon Queen Trials) by C. N. Crawford (audiobook) - surprisingly good PNR, it reminds me a lot of Larissa Ione, Kim Harrison and Nalini Singh!

- Liar's Crown - by Abigail Owen (ARC) It was ok, pretty standard enemies to lovers NA Fantasy Romance, a bit too insta love-ish, more focused on the Romance than the world building.

Have you read any of these books?

xo

~ Deea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...