November 22, 2022

Book Review: War of the Sea by Dana Claire

 Hiii, time for another indie author spotlight! 

I love these hidden gems, I wish they got more praise and recognition. This book was so well done overall, it deserves to be in top reads on Amazon for this genre! 

War of the Sea

Goodreads / Amazon / My Instagram

4++ stars

I was mostly impressed by the world building, plot and overall badassery!

You know that with YA books, half the time I complain about the YA angst and dramatics or immature impulsive heroines. And while we had a bit of that here, there were so many good things about the story overall, that I could easily overlook it. I read it in two sittings, which says a lot about the flow and engagement of the storyline. Pirates, deadly sirens, kickass heroine, enemies to lovers and snark, forced proximity, sword fights, sea adventures, hidden identities, warring kingdoms, Greek mythology - all recipe for a good read and I totally recommend it! 

Also, I loved the side characters! They brought dimension and unity to the story. They banter in key moments and loyalty when it was most needed really sold them for me. The Greek mythology aspect, the gods and goddesses were a surprisingly fun addition too. 

So, in short, here is what you can expect from this story: 

-YA Fantasy
- Enemies to lovers
- Deadly mermaids
- Ships & pirates
- Action & intense plot
- Greek mythology
- Dual POV
- Unlikely allies
! It stars with a blade to the throat

Recommended for fans of: Fable, To Kill a Kingdom, On These Black Sands

Review copy provided by the author/publisher through NetGalley in exchange for honest opinion. Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...