November 21, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #38 - The Archived by Victoria Schwab

Hi!


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.


The Archived (The Archived #1) 
by Victoria Schwab

Release date: January 22nd 2013
by Hyperion

Format: Hardcover, 336 pages

Goodreads:

Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.

Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.

Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often-violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive.

Being a Keeper isn't just dangerous-it's a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da's death was hard enough, but now her little brother is gone too. Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.

In this haunting, richly imagined novel, Victoria Schwab reveals the thin lines between past and present, love and pain, trust and deceit, unbearable loss and hard-won redemption.


I've been waiting for this book for what feels like forever! When I read Victoria's previous novel, The Near Witch, I fell in love with her poetic, stunning writing style and I couldn't wait to read something written by her again! So I've been stalking her and patiently (or not) waiting for this new release. The premise of the Archived sounds haunting, unique and so fascinating! Doesn't it grip you from the first line of the blurb?

I can't wait for January! (though it's a late Jan. release, so I'll probably get it for my birthday at the beginning of February. Anyway, I can't wait!! Look at that gorgeous cover!)


What are you waiting on this week?



9 comments:

  1. Nice! Saw this on Netgalley and have been hearing a lot of buzz about it! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! This book sounds fascinating! Love that the dead are kept as "histories." Creepy and cool. :)

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book has a really interesting premise. Can't wait to see what she does with it!

    Here's my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the reviews so far have been absolutely fabulous. A few of my friends really adored it. Great pick! I'm excited about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YESSS! I can't wait for this XD I've been hearing so many things about it.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book looks so intriguing - I've been curious about it since I first saw it! It definitely seems unique & haunting...I hope you'll love it when it comes out! Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my post earlier :)

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...