August 25, 2022

Book Review: The American Roommate Experiment by Elena Armas

 Hi everyone! 

Elena Armas is slowly becoming one of my all times favorite Romance authors and this is my reminder to pre-order her second book ASAP! You will not be sorry, I promise! 

The American Roommate Experiment by Elena Armas

*Companion to The Spanish Love Deception

Release date: September 6th 2022 

Goodreads / Amazon

5+ stars 💫

I have no words to express how much I loved this book! OMG.

If I said The Spanish Love Deception was, in one word, delicious, this one was delicious with extra topping.

YOU ARE NOT READY FOR THIS.

You are not ready for Lucas.

You are not ready for his POV.

You are not ready for Lucas AND Aaron on the same page.

You are not ready for Lucas. (Yes, I had to repeat that)

You are not ready for the most maddening slow burn in the history of slow burns.

You are not ready for the hugs.

For the Cronuts. The cooking. The "dates". The sexual tension. The banter.

The smiles.

For the vulnerability and emotion.

The intensity. The pet names.

The soundtrack.

For the LOL or spicey moments not appropriate for reading in public.

For the forced proximity trope. (!!!)

For ALL the tropes.

At least, I wasn't ready. And my expectations were pretty high considering, you know, the first book AND Aaron, but no - Lucas just kept dazzling me over and over. He is the sweetest most charming hero ever.

Rosie is a bit clumsy and awkward in the beginning lol (nobody blames her!), but the two of them together were hilarious.

Just... Top notch.

And steamy. And comforting. And inspiring, seeing as they struggle with the shaky state of their life and relationship.

I don't know how Elena makes every thought, feeling, look, emotion, action seem so realistic and relatable, but she does.

Also, I will never look at dolce de leche the same way again.

So...*whispers dramatically* I thought it was better than Spanish. And before you yell in outrage, that's just my opinion, because things hit differently this time. It may or my not have something to do with my weakness for Spain and Spanish people in general.

So yeah. Drop everything and read it the second you get your hands on it. I promise, you will not regret it.

Memorable quotes:

“Lina me va a cortar las pelotas.”

"That's my girl".

“Buenos días, preciosa. ”

“If we weren’t friends,” I told her, voice like gravel. “Good friends like we are, best friends”—I watched her eyelids flutter shut—“I would take you somewhere dark and rip your clothes off with my teeth without caring to have a good reason. Just so I could see you, have you to myself.”

“If you want anything from me, you only have to ask.” Lucas’s forehead came to rest against mine, his breath now leaving him shakily. “Don’t you see that I’ll break my back to provide anything you could possibly need? Have I not made myself obvious?”

He tucked a lock of hair behind my ear. “This is not a one-way street, Rosie. You look after me, and I look after you. We take care of each other. We’re a team.”

*eARC provided by the publisher in exchange for a honest review, THANK YOU SO MUCH! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...