July 2, 2011

TBR - July edition

Hello everyone!

Because my TBR pile is definitely out of control (you know how it is), I've decided to join some challenges this month to get a bit more organized and maybe read faster because I'm so lazy and such a slow reader lately! *blush* I've been trying to decide which one to join and what books to read for days now, but I just can't decide. :)) There's the Harper Imprints challenge, the NetGalley challenge and the read-a-thon - some Twitter friends suggested to do all three, but... Honestly, I don't think I can do that!:( So here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to combine the NetGalley challenge with the Harper challenge and see how that goes. I'm a moody reader and this month also involves a few days of vacation, a visit to my family across the country and a moving (yay!), so I can't decide now what books I'm going to read and when. But I'll post here the lists with the books I'd like to read and... we'll just have to wait and see what happens! ;)


So here's what Chelsey @ Starry Sky Books suggested: if most of the books on your TBR pile are published by HarperCollins, you could join this challenge and read as many of them as possible in one month! They have to be Young Adult books and published by any of the following HarperCollins imprints: Balzer + Bray, Katherine Tegen Books, Greenwillow, Harper Teen, and Harper. You can also win a Harper book at the end of the challenge.;)  Get the deets and sign up HERE

Here's my list:

The Madison Avery Trilogy by Kim Harrison
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Fallen Angel by Heather Terrell
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (I just want to re-read it so I can finally write my review <3)
Dead Rules by Randy Russell (already read it, but review to come)
The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle (NetGalley)
Die for Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy Plum (NetGalley)
Hereafter by Tara Hudson (NetGalley)
Carrier of the Mark (Carrier #1) by Leigh Fallon (pending :D)

Obviously I won't be able to read all of them, but I'll try to get to as many of them as possible. Fingers crossed! 

 ----------

Now onto the NetGalley challenge:


I'm really excited about this challenge! Emily @ Red House Books already organized a NetGalley month in April and everyone who participated had a blast! There were chats on twitter, guest posts from people at NetGalley, prizes, a lot of awesome books read etc. So she declared July a NetGalley month and hopefully we'll get to read a lot of NetGalley books and have fun!:D HERE are the deets if you want to know more about this and join the fun.

My list:

The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
Misfit by Jon Skovron
Out in Blue (Return to Sanctuary, #1) by Sarah Gilman
Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson
*The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1) by Kady Cross
*The Betrayal of Maggie Blair by Elizabeth Laird
*The Paris Secret by Angela Henry
*Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma

*already released

+ the Harper books mentioned above. Yikes, that's a lot of books! I requested some of them long time ago and I purchased the finished copies in the meantime, but I haven't read them yet so I haven't completed the reviews on NG either *hangs head in shame*, so I thought I should do it now. Better late than never, right?  Umm... Did I mention I'm a slow reader?:( So yup, fingers crossed!

P.S. I have a couple of books that I'm dying to read but they don't fit in any of the challenges. Hmmm... I might join that read-a-thon after all. I mean, who needs to sleep and to do Real Life stuff anyway?:))

P.P.S. There will be no IMM post this week because 1. I'm on a book buying/requesting ban (Hey, I'm serious! That book I ordered on Tuesday doesn't count because it's been on my wishlist since... forever and it finally was on sale, yay!:D Neither do those 2 books I got from NetGalley because I requested them ages ago, when I was depressed because of all the studying and I vowed that I'd spent the next two months doing nothing but reading and reviewing and I requested a gazillion books at once!) and 2. I ordered and won a few books last week, but they didn't arrive yet, so I don't have what to show you.:( (the mail man always comes on Mondays, after I've already written my IMM post. Grr!)

Ready to join the reading challenges? Happy reading!
xoxo
Deea

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck with all of that!!
    I have 14 books on my TBR list myself. I think i'll start having nightmares about books circling me and kicking my "petunia" for not reading them :))) (The Fever series got under my skin deep enough)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you changed the blog up, its so pretty. Sorry I have been sucking at commenting. My kids are off for the summer (I have 3) and I have not had the time I had before. Anyways I love the blog change and may I recommend a few on your list that I LOVED!
    Unearthly
    Starcrossed(well you read this)
    Hereafter

    Die For Me was pretty good.


    Well that is all I have read on your list! Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...